APAC Financial Controller
- Provide leadership to meet the increasing demands required to effectively grow and deliver Financial Reporting and Controls for APAC related branches/entities.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior business and support leaders (in Region and at the US Head Office level) in relation to Financial Reporting and Controls. Liaise as appropriate with all fiscal and regulatory authorities and internal/external auditors both in Region & with the US.
- Maintain and proactively contribute to the development of the Financial Reporting and Control infrastructure (people, technology and processes) necessary to support and control business growth to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant internal Wells Fargo policies & procedures and with all relevant GAAP, legal and financial policy requirements as they continue to evolve both in Region and in the US.
- Ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained for APAC and its branches under US GAAP and local GAAP regimes and, in particular, ensure an appropriate control framework exists to mitigate all relevant risks;
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with Regional and US regulators as appropriate with regard to financial reporting and control matters.
- Create an environment in which all team members are aware they can identify, raise and resolve all risk management, financial reporting and control related issues; create a business culture where risk is understood, owned and appropriately, mitigated
- Ensure the complete, timely and accurate delivery of all required statutory reporting in the Region. Ensuring consistent accounting treatment be applied across the region. Identify clear roles and responsibilities, outlining preparation procedures, monitoring control points and conducting testing;
- Attend regional Senior Management meetings and participate in relevant Regional Risk, Compliance and New Initiative Committees, to provide expertise/advice and maintain/develop awareness across Regional Business and Support leadership with regards to Financial Accounting and Control perspectives and to provide input to and approval for new Initiatives after undertaking the appropriate due diligence to ensure robust processes, systems and controls are in place.
- Liaise with WF SoX and Reg IC teams and WFAS (Internal Audit) regarding their ongoing testing and examination programs, taking responsibility for follow-up on any audit findings with implementation of corrective actions;
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant including experience of GAAP and Financial Control Reporting within the financial services sector
- Progressive track record of experience, including staff management, and achievement with ideally experience of running a geographically diverse team
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of financial accounting and product in the context of (ideally both) APAC and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment