Our client, an instantly recognisable family owned business based within easy reach of the tram network, are currently looking for an ambitious Management/Commercial Accountant to join their Finance team.
Fundamentally, the role will involve the full production of management accounts, including the following:–
- Production of the monthly management accounts. Including:
- Analytical Reviews on the P&L
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, maintain the integrity of system data.
- Margin analysis looking at Customers, products and segments
- Analysis of sales
- Involvement in analysis of web sales and costs.
Furthermore, your position will involve exposure to the following areas:–
- Production costing/ ensuring costs are accurate. Suggest alternative components/raw materials in order to improve tender. Detailed price comparisons.
- Provides analysis on projects, comparing various tender (to customer) submissions from a finance perspective and discussion with suppliers to improve costs on particular tenders.
Within this position you will be working with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, so the ability to lead, challenge and influence is critical. This is an opportunity which will put you at the forefront of the finance team and depending on performance, will put you in a key position to develop upwards into a more Senior role within the team within the next 3–5 years.
The ideal candidate will be part or newly qualified CIMA, with strong commercial acumen alongside solid accounting experience and at least 12 months experience in preparing full management accounts. Strong excel skills and previous experience of a ERP would be of particular interest.
In return you will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.