Business Analyst - Finance Change
**Business Analyst – Finance Change Analyst – Finance Change – Lloyds Insurance / London Markets**
A leading Insurer based in the City is looking to bring in a solid Business Change Analyst that has come from a finance background or has worked on large scale finance transformation projects previously. The role requires an individual with a strong track record of accounting and insurance in the project delivery environment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The Finance Change Analyst will work as part of a project team to deliver Finance change projects. This will be driven by the Finance Transformation objectives which are aligned to Strategic Initiatives within the evolving needs of a changing and dynamic market.
- Support the Finance Team in efforts to bring about change, contributing as required to the Finance Programme implementation
- Conduct analysis work to a consistent high standard with a range of business areas; produce output to agreed timescales, formats and standards
- Define, articulate and implement changes to processes/systems in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the project framework
- Elicit further requirements and test / challenge assumptions using a variety of methods including interviews, document analysis, workshops and business process descriptions
- Effectively plan the business analysis tasks within the project structure; provide estimates and plans to the Project Manager to be integrated into the wider plan; inform the Finance change sponsor/SME of changes to timescales or deliverables
- Manage the analysis tasks within the project including organising, facilitating, supporting meetings/workshops, obtaining sign offs, running sessions etc.
- Ensure stakeholders have an understanding of the role and value of the Business Analyst
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CIMA desirable) with extensive experience of Finance processes, within the Insurance Industry
- Suggested training includes ISEB and insurance qualifications such as LLMIT or CII
- Business analysis experience and knowledge of business analysis methodologies
- Appreciation of various project management methodologies
- Strong documentation experience and attention to detail to ensure clear strategy and plans
- Proficient user of Microsoft, visio, powerpoint, excel, project management tools, General Ledgers
- A collaborative approach allowing the individual to develop strong positive working relationships with other members of the wider finance team and the business as a whole