Financial Accountant - Corporate Banking
Corporate Banking incorporates all the Group's corporate banking, specialised acquisition & leveraged finance, and large transaction property lending, across the Republic of Ireland, UK and international jurisdictions.
The Corporate Finance Team is responsible for the overall finance, accounting & reporting performance and practices across the Division. This involves working collaboratively with each of the Business Units to ensure the planning and oversight of effective monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes.
Corporate Banking Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Commercial Partner team and Finance Services (âFS'). It leads the responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
The role is part of Corporate Banking Financial Control within Finance Services.
The role holder has responsibility in the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information to support effective decision making and review. In addition it is expected that the role holder will drive the roll out of best practice in process improvement and systems enhancement.
- Management of the month end close process for the Corporate Banking, ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Responsibility for the leasing entities within Corporate Banking, including assisting in the production of the statutory accounts.
- Responsibility for the delivery of statutory financial statements and the facilitation of the audit and tax review process for Corporate Banking subsidiaries.
- Review and analysis of the monthly postings made by Corporate Banking branches and subsidiaries.
- Assist with IFRS 9 reporting for Corporate Banking and subsidiaries.
- 3rd level education â" with a strong academic ability.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- 'Can do' attitude, with confidence to own and run with initiatives and bring own ideas and perspectives
Closing date: Apr 30, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.