An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a globally renowned Bank located in the heart of Central London working within their accountancy function. Reporting directly to Senior Manager, this role will be focused on financial reporting, regulatory reporting, capital and liquidity adequacy reporting and ad hoc support as requested by management.
A global bank located in the City of London. The bank offers a supportive working environment, good workings hours and the opportunity to continue studying towards accounting qualifications, if applicable.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of periodic regulatory returns (COREP, FINREP, PRA and BoE regulatory returns)
- Assist with the enhancement of regulatory reporting software.
- Assist with the production of financial statements in annual reports and liaise with external auditors during annual audits
- Assist with the production of corporate tax computation and returns
- Assist with the production of capital adequacy assessment (ICAAP), liquidity adequacy assessment (ILAAP), recovery and resolution plan (RRP) and Pillar 3 disclosures
- Assist Senior Manager in managing liquidity and capital stress-testing
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments
- Assist Senior Manager in various ad hoc reports and projects
Skills and knowledge required of the Assistant Accountant
- Ability to work to high degree of accuracy with logical and structured approach
- Ability to self-review, identify issues and investigate / escalate appropriately
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (especially MS Excel and MS Word)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Fast learner with good problem solving skills
Skills and knowledge
- Experience within a banking organisation or a similar financial institution
- Exposure to regulatory reporting and awareness of regulatory reporting rules
- Part qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc)
Looking to pay up to £32,000 with a comprehensive benefits package