This Accounts Assistant role is available in Huntingdon on a temporary to permanent basis and under the guidance of the Finance Manager, will be taking ownership of ensuring that the Accounts Department runs smoothly by working within a small team to also support other departments and the wider business to achieve the Engineering Company's objectives.
The client are a leading Engineering group with multiple sites across the UK and firm grounding in Huntingdon where their experienced management team are always keen to aid career development through support and giving ownership of work. Supporting a qualified Finance Manager position this is a temporary to permanent role and are looking for someone with the right base practical finance experience ideally backed up through study or work experience to date
This Accounts Assistant role will involve duties as listed below across the banking, credit, purchase and sales ledger areas of finance;
- Create manual payments.
- Verify various invoices prior to processing.
- Review outstanding balances and ensure that invoices are paid to terms.
- Ensure allocation of all cash receipts.
- Resolve issues on the customer ledger, including raising and allocating credit notes and deal with debit notes
- Undertake reporting of outstanding debt.
- Ensure monthly statements are sent to customers on the last day of the month.
- Open new accounts and credit check for limit increases on existing accounts.
- Undertake regular credit reviews as orders are placed to check the account is insured and up to date.
- Undertake supplier statement reconciliations.
- Create payment proposals for outstanding creditor balances.
- Process supplier invoices when required.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding payment chasing/queries.
- Undertake month end reconciliations and submissions to Bank.
- Manage accounts bank reconciliations.
- Provide weekly invoice summaries to the bank
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customer and commercial managers.
- Undertake other accounts related ad-hoc duties when required.
The Ideal Accounts Assistant will have the following experience and characteristics and also be keen to start on a temporary basis with the view of progressing into a permanent role, therefore a 1 week notice period is the maximum that would be considered
A great progressive role for the right individual keen to expand their accounting capability and take ownership of the ledgers within the Business based in Huntingdon with the potential to progress internal. If you are prepared to be flexible and willing to spend time in various different departments they as a company are keen to cross train individuals to aid you in developing your career within the Company.