WHAT DO YOU DO ALL DAY?
Based in Dallas, the Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and supports different accounting activities including account reconciliations with primary responsibility for the accounts receivable function. The Staff Accountant helps maintain and ensure the compliance of NMSI's financial reports, records and general ledger so that our monthly and year–end close responsibilities are met.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure of the organization; Federal grant compliance, and NMSI's programs
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable function
- Supports the monthly and year–end close of the general ledger, including reconciliations, allocations and expense coding
- Analyzes assigned general ledger accounts and event projects for reasonableness of expenses and appropriate coding
- Prepares donor reports for both private and Federal grants
- Supports the documentation of the Finance department's policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education & Experience – You have or will receive a bachelor's degree in accounting by May 2019 and are familiar with GAAP and non–profit specific accounting requirements; prior hands–on accounting and Financial Edge experience a strong plus.
- Entrepreneurial – You live for the hustle that's required to forge new paths; you collaborate well with others to make things happen.
- Relationship Builder – You have a knack for building relationships quickly and inspiring those around you.
- Organized & Productive – You are a master at planning your day and not letting distractions come in between meeting your goals.
- Customer Centric – You support external and internal customers––in this case teachers and fellow colleagues––by providing exceptional follow–through and follow–up, no matter what. You get satisfaction from making someone's job easier.
- Reliable – You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help
- Flexible – You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities; you're able to travel when necessary.
- Growth Mindset – You learn from failure and crave feedback because you know that it makes you better; you are also eager to give feedback to your manager and colleagues.
- Expert Communicator – You can engage audiences through vivid storytelling; you are a concise, compelling writer.
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type–or any other factor that makes us unique!
- Tech Savvy – You embrace technology as a tool to enhance your work effectiveness but not as a means to replace hard work; you are adept at learning new technologies quickly.
- Sense of Humor – You don't take yourself too seriously; work hard play hard is your mantra