Interim Commercial Accountant
I am recruiting a Commercial Accountant to complete a 6 month contract with a market leading business based in Chester. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of finance and business performance whilst improving processes and procedures. You will support with financial reporting, control, transaction processing and decision making as well as reporting and periodic operational reviews. Working closely with senior business leaders, the post holder will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve key objectives.
* Identify financial risks and opportunities for departments so that managers across the business can respond to them on a timely basis.
* Retain a customer focus through daily and weekly routines
* Participate in projects based on providing expertise and support for improving/simplifying business processes and procedures.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, to understand and meet their needs.
* Produce budgets for key financial metrics.
* Input into financial processes in line with controls and risk appetite.
* Understand the business environment and implications of changes.
* Provide variance analysis and trending techniques to measure performance against budget, forecasts and business cases.
* Support a continuous improvement culture focusing on service, costs, cash flow by contributing in joint problem solving.
* Produce periodic forecasts to enable managers across the business to understand the implications of current spend behaviours on the full year.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
* Ideally CIMA, ACA, ACCA, AAT or equivalent
* Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems
* An ability to deliver in a complex, fast paced environment with excellent analytical thinking and numerical skills
* Excellent Excel skills
* Working knowledge of document control systems and databases
* Experience of stakeholder management supporting the delivery of finance plans
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be readily available for work. This opportunity that may lead to a permanent position for the successful candidate.