- The Credit Controller provides an important role supporting the Credit Control Team Manager in maintaining the recoverability of debtors within the Company, principally the trade debtors.
- Assisting to maintain the Company's individual debtor ledgers by assessing, reconciling and categorising existing debts on a frequent basis and taking action over debtors that have aged to ensure collection. To improve and develop existing and future Credit Control procedures and strategy to enable better management and efficient collection of debt.
- Liaison with other departments and staff members as required to ensure debtors are recovered, reporting frequently on the debtor's position and raising any issues or decisions required to the Credit Control Team Manager.
- Raising of scheme fee invoices across all pension products proactively and in accordance with the product fee schedules.
- Dealing with general day to day administration of the Company's debtors ledgers.
- Maintaining and reconciling fee account cashbooks in order to agree receipts into bank, back to fees received per the Group's pension scheme administration software.
- Assistance in preparation of management information and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile and report on debtors on a frequent basis identifying any debts that have aged.
- Ad–hoc support and analysis for the Financial Controller and CFO as directed by Team Manager.
- Assist in statutory accounts preparation and dealing with external audit queries where relevant.
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
- Where relevant and appropriate, informing Account Managers, clients and financial intermediaries of specific matters or issues affecting their schemes, especially actual or potential problems.
- Proactively identifies risk within the department and escalates concerns to Team Manager.
- Ensuring that internal deadlines, all internally agreed key performance indicators and service standards are met.
- To fulfil any other reasonable requirement of the department or Curtis Banks
- Demonstrates a full operating knowledge of the key administration and support software that is central to the role within the business. Able to cross train new starters to our internal procedures and methods.
- Demonstrates knowledge of our commercial market place and where the Company sits within it.
Skills and Experience
- A sound and proven experience within Credit Control and pension's administration.
- Fully understands the data conformance needs of each system and where key data is mastered. Able to demonstrate exceptional information security control.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to identify data anomalies and issues and correct them at source or seek guidance as appropriate.
- Proficient in the use of excel at a minimum of intermediate level for the management of fee debt data. Adept at manipulating data for the purposes of MI and to service fee debt collection processes.