Management Accountant Part-Qualified
HCA Healthcare UK – The World's largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world–renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best–equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24–hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state–of–the–art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine
As a Part Qualified Management Accountant, you will be responsible for management of the month end, balance sheet reconciliation and fixed asset reconciliation process for the hospital ensuring accurate and timely financial information. Provide business analysis support to Financial Controller and CFO ensuring all balance sheet accounts are well understood and appropriately accounted for. Assist in the forecasting and budgeting process in the hospital.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Please note, the closing date for this position is: Monday 26th April 2019
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of facility's month end process including:
- Accruals for outstanding costs such as agency nurses, RMO's, supplies, etc.
- Prepayments required on rents, rates, maintenance agreements, etc.
- Obtaining information from Heads of Department, Facility Finance Team and the Chief Finance Officer as required.
- Review of monthly results to ensure that variances to budget, prior year and prior period are understood and misstatements are corrected.
- Completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and Fixed Asset reconciliation and ensure accounts are compliant with internal policies.
- Clearing reconciling items on a regular basis, and ensuring supporting documentation is obtained as appropriate.
- Assist in control of capital expenditure and leases.
- Assist with the facility Monthly Operating Results Pack.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets.
- Assist with internal audit and external audit queries, as required.
- Support the Facility Finance Team in holding financial review meetings with Heads of Departments.
- Contribute to the development of the service through suggestions for improvement and service development.
Skills & Experience
- Studying towards CIMA or ACCA.
- Experience of preparation of management accounts, budgeting and support to cost and profit centre managers.
- Computer literate including a good knowledge of Excel.
- Deal with enquiries both internal and external and refer as necessary.
- Ability and experience in liaising with CFOs, Senior Management teams.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly