Temp Internal Auditor
This is a great opportunity for a qualified Auditor to join this large well known business based in Newport.
My client is a large commercial organisation
Michael Page are currently working with a client who is looking to recruit a solid Internal Auditor for a role starting ASAP covering a secondment in the team.
Purpose of the role;
The main purpose of the role is to execute internal audits across all areas of the business, and this will involve assessment of processes, risks and controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Complete internal audits as directed by the Head of Internal Audit (HoIA) in a proactive and efficient manner to ensure a quality end to end audit process throughout planning, scoping, fieldwork and reporting phases.
- Support the HoIA in managing external co-source auditors and budgets in the scoping and performance of relevant audits.
- Undertake relevant data assurance and compliance reviews to ensure adherence to various licence conditions and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support the HoIA in the identification and assessment of key operational and strategic risks across the various directorates.
- Assist with the preparation of audit plans, audit and risk papers for reporting to, and approval by, Board, Audit Committee and group shareholders.
- Timely monitoring and assessment of business actions to close out agreed audit recommendations regarding control deficiencies.
- Foster strong business partnering relationships with the Executive team and senior management and proactively support relevant areas to enhance the risk culture.
- Represent Internal Audit at relevant IT and business change/project forums to mitigate risk in the delivery of key projects and initiatives.
- Support the HoIA in enhancing the current audit tools, methodologies and various frameworks in use within Internal Audit and the business.
- Undertake relevant third party and other ad hoc audits and assurance activity including reviews of key contract SLAs and KPIs as required.
- Support the HoIA in the management and development of junior team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA, ACA) with relevant degree preferred.
- Good knowledge of audit, risk and governance, ideally gained within an internal/ external audit or risk environment. IIA or risk qualifications also desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Professional operator with commercial awareness and high personal integrity.
- Highly numerate with sound analytical skills and the ability to manage, share and monitor large amounts of data and information.
- A self-starter who can evidence the ability to work effectively with limited support when required, producing high quality work and reports.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with strong spreadsheet and modelling skills desirable.
- Good knowledge of business processes and motivated by driving performance improvements.
A 6-9 month assignment
Roles start ASAP
Salaries c£180 - £200 per day through a Ltd co (potentially more for the right person)