Manager, IRB Model Development
Description of business unit
Decision Science is the analytical centre of excellence within Group Risk. Our responsibilities include:
- developing all of the Group's credit risk models, both for use in operational decision-making and for IRB regulatory capital calculation and IFRS9 impairment calculation
- increasing the use of credit risk models to automate decision-making and move away from manual processes
- maintaining and monitoring these models, and generating appropriate insight
- maintaining credit risk data and producing regular and ad hoc credit risk reporting and insight
- implementing and maintaining all of the Group's credit risk models in appropriate technical infrastructures
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join our Retail and Wholesale IRB development teams to support the delivery of key strategic initiatives including the implementation of IRB model developments in line with emerging regulatory requirements.
- Manage a small team of risk modelling specialists to deliver on IRB model development and maintenance requirements.
- Plan, schedule and deliver key model development activities including supporting validation and governance processes to ensure a timely and successful delivery.
- Undertake and review statistical analysis and provide critical assessment of same.
- Prepare high quality modelling presentations and documentation to meet internal and external requirements.
- Engage with key stakeholders throughout the model development process.
- Create model development procedures to support new joiners as well as validation and audit requirements.
- Develop and implement version control of model development code.
- Develop and implement effective data management and analysis practices.
Third Level Qualification in a quantitative discipline
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of credit risk modelling experience in a financial institution, including some or all of the following: IRB; IFRS 9; loss forecasting; stress testing; economic capital modelling etc.
- Strong communications skills, proven ability to work effectively with Senior Management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills working with statistical / econometric software (e.g. SAS, R, Python, Matlab etc.).
- Strong management skills, with the ability to engage staff at all levels.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of European regulatory guidelines and standards in the context of IRB modelling.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Apr 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.