Finance Business Partner
As a Finance Business Partner in this organisation, the primary function of this role is to provide all necessary financial input to ensure efficient and effective decision support to different parts of the organisation. You will also be leading, developing and coaching the Cost Accountant (direct report).
My client is a large organisation with multiple sites in the Bournemouth area. This will be working in the Engineering division of the company.
As the Finance Business Partner, the primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Preparation of all relevant Engineering financials for monthly reporting and forecasting, annual budget and strategic plan purposes, ensuring timeliness and integrity of submissions.
- Provide contract, cost base, inventory, capital investment and asset financial support and reporting information to ensure overall profitability and positive cash generation.
- Provide finance support and challenge to the Engineering team on relevant bid submissions, modelling the cost associated with the tender solution and provide appropriate analysis, supporting notes to the Finance plan and capturing the associated risk and opportunities.
- Assist bid and finance colleagues with pipeline reporting, new business forecasts (P&L & Cash) and accounting for bid/new business overhead.
- Provide challenge to the operations of the Business Unit to drive efficiency, cash generation, profitability and growth.
- Deliver accurate and timely month-end reporting including accruals & prepayments, generation of contract P&Ls, variance analysis and commentary for management accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all processes comply with best practice and ensure a continual improvement culture is enhanced at all levels within the Business Unit, challenging existing processes wherever possible to improve efficiency and accuracy of information.
- Provide all necessary finance support to the BU VP Finance and VP Engineering.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Logistics etc. to streamline business policies and procedures.
- Consistently and openly demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values, ensuring that Health and Safety remains the top priority.
- Understand and act in accordance with all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Undertake any other duties and activities as reasonably requested by the company.
To be successful in your application for Finance Business Partner, you should be:
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA candidates will be considered based on previous management accounting experience.
- Commercially-minded management accountant, outward looking with previous pricing/project accounting experience, preferably within an engineering environment.
- Experience of operating within a business facing capacity, taking responsibility for all financial aspects within a structured group.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative with the drive to improve financial performance and streamline processes.
- Prepared to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and multi-task, re-adjusting priorities and delivering accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills - both in terms of leadership and as a team player - with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to present and communicate financial information to Finance and non-Finance colleagues within the Business Unit as well as to external customers/stakeholders.
- Able to understand technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to financial information.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and other Finance system experience.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Salary on offer £40,000-£55,000
- Excellent Benefits
- Opportunity to join a large organisation with superb development opportunities.