Head of Internal Audit
Report to: Head of Internal Audit
This role will be accountable for the establishment and delivery of the annual audit plan, lead team members in conducting assigned audits, assist Head of Internal Audit in reporting to audit committees and management, and contributing to team’s development through mentoring and supervising.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Management and completion of audit plan
- Develop the annual audit plan considering key risks identified at the Group and local level, inputs from local management and the Audit Committee.
- Lead audit team in planning, executing audits being assigned and evaluating the adequacy of controls according to the established schedule and quality.
- Assist Head of Internal Audit in reviewing audit reports and facilitating discussion of issues and remedial action plans with the appropriate levels of management.
- Follow up audit issues and monitor timely completion of agreed remedial actions by management.
- Monitor the work of team members to ensure that the working papers, draft audit reports and other deliverables meet internal standards and assignments are completed within budgeted time.
- Perform/assist review of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management in accordance with the applicable standards.
2. Monitoring/ coordinating with other control community and stakeholder management
- Coordinate and monitor audits performed by regulators, external auditors (for special projects, if any), and other groups providing assurance.
- Liaise with the control community and other members of the company to contribute to the implementation of an effective and efficient system of internal control.
- Involve in the implementation of new processes and systems of the company to provide an independent view to management of the quality and effectiveness of the projects upon assignment.
- Provide professional advice and insights to key stakeholders to enable informed management decisions.
- Develop rapport with business unit management through regular communication of changes in business operations, emerging risks and potential issues, etc.
3. Team development
- Contribute to the development of the team through coaching, training, providing timely feedback to team members and taking actions to address performance issues
- Provide professional advice and insights to team members where necessary.
- Minimum 10+ years of internal/external audit experience. Supervisory working experience in insurance, banking, finance or a related industry is a plus.
- A relevant professional qualification such as ACCA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent.
- Understanding of life insurance operations, industry practices and legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in risk management.
- Knowledge of audit tools, data analytics tool (e.g. TeamMate, ACL, Tableau, etc.), MS Office, intermediate knowledge of IT.
- Good command of both oral and written English.
- Project management and people development skills.
- Good analytical, written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Solid problem solving skills, coaching skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and multi-task.