Financeplus is WPP's internal Financial Shared Service organisation, providing transactional back–office financial services to WPP companies. Financeplus supports a range of processes including:
– Accounts Payable
– Accounts Receivable
– Media Billing & Payments
– Accounting and Reporting
– Statutory reporting
By consolidating activities under one roof, Financeplus takes advantage of volume to deliver increased efficiency. This is achieved by standardising, streamlining and aligning relevant processes, and introducing tools & technology to drive effectiveness across our operations. By taking over transactional financial activities, Financeplus allows our agencies to focus on commercial activities, client management and revenue / cost management.
Financeplus UK was the first Financeplus, opening in 2011. There are now have offices in Australia, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Spain, the UK and the USA, and have recently started in Venezuela.
Financeplus has a clearly defined migration methodology that we will use for all future deployments. This will ensure a smoother transfer of activities with full clarity and proper preparation.
The department consists of 3 Senior Credit Controllers, 13 Credit Controllers, 1 Reporting Analyst and 3 FTE assistants. They are responsible for the cash collection of a portfolio of Blue Chip clients, on behalf of numerous internal clients within the WPP group as well as the Intercompany Transactions along with posting and allocating cash received daily and producing vital reports daily, weekly & monthly.
They are responsible for collecting GBP350m each month, across 1650 external clients on behalf of 43 internal clients.
The department liaises with Internal & External Finance Directors and Finance teams, WPP Treasury, internal & external auditors and with the various Finance teams within Financeplus.
- Responsible for collection of payment for a dedicated debtor ledger
- Responsible for sending statements to Clients
- Utilise the credit control tool 'Get Paid' to proactively chase clients to ensure that payment is made to contractual terms and to meet collection targets set by Credit Manager
- Update Get Paid daily with calls, correspondence and remittances received
- Establish/update contacts where necessary at client and media agency that will facilitate payments.
- Establish if there are any queries which may delay payment and escalate to the appropriate contact to have them resolved in time for payment to contractual terms.
- Provide debtor commentary for weekly and month end reporting
- Completing Cashflow forecast twice a month on specified days
- Provide regular updates/attend meetings with Team Leader and/or Credit Manager.
- Attend Client and Agency meetings where required
- Managing the integrity of the notes and supporting documentation regarding queries from clients in accordance to Audit and Group process
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the Finance Operations Management
- Provide holiday and sick cover as necessary
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years Credit Control experience within an International Organisation
- Proven track record in cash collection and query resolution.
- Commercially focused with a strong client service approach.
- Have the confidence to build and maintain strong internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Flexible attitude to achieve results.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Partnership working with all other teams.
- Process Improvement experience helpful