Our client is an SME in central Brighton with around 100 staff, modern offices and supportive culture.
They require a Credit Controller who will work within the Finance Team and will be responsible for the collection of overdue debts and the application of credit terms to clients.
The role will be working alongside one other Credit Controller, managing in total around 500 accounts in team of two. The position also involves assisting with inputting accounts payable invoices into the system as required.
- Reporting to the Finance Director (FD) alongside the other Credit Controller, chasing due and overdue debts promptly and professionally via phone and email
- Dealing with client queries promptly and accurately whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working closely with the business functions to resolve issues and disputes quickly and gain a thorough understanding of the business to carry this out effectively
- Work alongside the other credit controller to plan an effective and consistent collection strategy, using appropriate and effective methods to achieve cash collection targets
- Issue statements, reminder letters, etc. to clients on an agreed frequency and complete periodic balance confirmations to ensure agreement of outstanding balances
- Share task of posting daily cash receipts via our invoice finance system, Close Brothers into our accounting system (FinancialForce)
- Resolving any cash / payment issues such as currency differences, balance transfers, missing client information, etc.
- Liaise with clients to ensure accurate allocation of payments and chasing for remittance advices where needed
- Raise credit notes where necessary, providing suitable back–up to the FD such that approval can be obtained
- Liaise with Close Brothers on a regular basis to raise or resolve any issues
- Assisting the Financial Accountant at month–end with reconciliations – payment allocations, invoice / cash queries, completion of aged debtor commentary for Close Brothers and any other ad–hoc queries
- Assist with yearly audit and Close Brothers audits
- Input of accounts payable invoices where required (mainly agent invoices) to assist with month–end process
- Supporting the Finance Team as required
- Being part of the team responsible for planning and implementing a new Finance system (to be selected)
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Previous experience within a credit control role is essential
- EU languages advantageous but not essential
- Good level of numeracy and understanding of invoicing (gross/net, EU vs UK invoicing)
- Reasonable Excel skills preferred – sub–totals, formatting, etc.
- A–Level qualified or equivalent
- Experience of using a finance system
- Previous experience of an accounting package preferable
- Previous experience of a large CRM system preferable (Oracle, Salesforce, etc.)
- Responsible, trustworthy and reliable
- Effective oral and written communication skills and professional approach to dealing with clients
- Able to prioritise a busy workload and work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
Package – GBP22,000 – GBP26,000 plus company pension, private medical and 25 days plus bank holidays.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of motivated individuals and a company at a time of growth.
If this sounds of interest please apply today and we will be in touch.
Why Red Robin?
Red Robin Recruitment is a local Brighton based Recruitment agency.
We appreciate that seeking a new job can be stressful and daunting. Whatever your employment situation we are here to help and excited to assist you in finding a great new opportunity.
We pride ourselves on keeping you updated throughout the whole recruitment process. Our aim is to ensure you are best informed and prepared prior to interviews. We'll always give feedback or great news quickly.
Recommend a friend!
If this job isn't for you but you know someone that would be interested in it, contact us now to introduce your friend to us and find out about our referral bonus scheme.