Accounts Payable & Finance Administrator
Accounts Payable & Sales Ledger/Finance Administrator
Our Global Client is an international, premier R&D service provider for the life science industry is looking for an additional person to join their Finance team.
The Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger/Finance Administratorwill be based at the Hoddesdon site, reporting to the Financial Controller and providing support to Finance Director as part of a growing Finance team. Occasional travel to other UK sites may be required. The salary range is GBP24k to GBP26k depending on experience.
You must have Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable experience, although within 2 or 3 months, you will need to learn how to carry out the sales ledger duties to provide maternity cover.
The team is currently 1 purchase ledger, 1 sales ledger providing some cover for each other's roles during holiday absences.
Main purpose of the job:
Working as part of a team, sharing responsibility for accurately managing the purchase ledger and sales ledger, processing payments in a timely manner, and carrying out other finance administration duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the purchase ledger.
- Posting purchase invoices/credit notes onto a multi–currency accounting system.
- Reconciling supplier statements to purchase ledger accounts and checking debit balance accounts.
- Producing supplier payment runs and managing these within a cash budget.
- Processing the supplier BACS and payment runs in a number of different currencies.
- Dealing with purchase ledger queries internally and externally, in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Posting UK and overseas staff expense claims and processing for weekly payments.
- Reconciling and posting company credit cards statements onto the accounting system.
- Production of purchase invoice accruals for month end.
- Managing the sales ledger
- Raising and sending sales invoices.
- Producing weekly aged debtors report for management.
- Debt collection and processing customer invoice queries, providing forecast information.
- Cash book postings, weekly bank reconciliations and cash flow forecasts.
- Performing petty cash control and reconciliations.
- Any other adhoc duties as required within the finance department.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working within a finance department, with a sound knowledge of the principles of purchase ledger and an understanding of sales ledger.
- Experience of using ERP systems within large or medium sized businesses.
- Highly accurate, paying close attention to detail with sound numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to gain credibility with management, staff and clients.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and manage varied work tasks.
- Well–developed IT skills, with a good working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Excel.
Person Specification – Desirable Requirements:
- AAT qualified or working towards finance related qualification.
- Experience of Access Dimensions accounting software.
Qualities & Behaviours:
- Honesty, discretion and confidentiality
- Results oriented
- Customer service focused
- Be flexible and adapt to a growing business and its needs