An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global Financial Services firm specialising in Private Equity and Real Estate as an Assistant Accountant. The role offers a clear progression plan within a structured finance department with a great culture. Most of our staff are either qualified accountants or are studying for a recognised accounting qualification (for example, ACCA, CIMA) - for which full study support is given from day one.
A globally renowned fund administration financial services firm specialising in private equity and real estate. This role is located in their new, modern Central London headquarters.
Duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for the real estate customers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of cash transactions, purchase and sales invoices, accruals and prepayments and investment transactions.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
Technical Knowledge / Skills required of the Assistant Accountant:
- Studying or looking to study towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Good academics with 2:1 degree minimum. Would also consider good academics and qualified AAT.
- Interest in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.
Looking to pay up to £25,000 with a comprehensive benefits package