Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner for the UK Engineering team, where you'll provide all necessary financial input to ensure efficient and effective decision support to the UK fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft fleets. As well as providing management accounting support for specific external and internal support contracts along with leadership, development and coaching to Cost Accountant (direct report)
The company is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges; from deep space to the depths of the ocean. Their ethos is rooted firmly in their history of innovation, leadership and empowerment, and they take great pride in solving the big problems that others can't. Currently with more than 11,500 employees across five continents and customers and partners in over 100 countries.
- Preparation of all relevant Engineering financials for monthly reporting and forecasting, annual budget and strategic plan purposes, ensuring timeliness and integrity of submissions.
- Provide contract, cost base, inventory, capital investment and asset financial support and reporting information to ensure the overall profitability of, and positive cash generation from, the Value Stream.
- Provide finance support and challenge to the Engineering team on relevant bid submissions, modelling the cost associated with the tender solution and provide appropriate analysis, supporting notes to the Finance plan and capturing the associated risk and opportunities
- Provide oversight & support for financial accounting decisions within the Business Unit ensuring ethical behaviours and practices at all times, ensuring compliance with the Corporate Finance Manual and the Cobham Minimum Standards of Financial Control.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Logistics, and Continuing Airworthiness leads, to streamline business policies and procedures.
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA qualified with good Management Accounting experience
- Commercially-minded Management Accountant, outward looking with previous pricing/project accounting experience, preferably within an engineering environment
- Experience of operating within a business facing capacity, taking responsibility for all financial aspects within a structured group
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative with the drive to improve financial performance and streamline processes
- Prepared to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and multi-task, re-adjusting priorities and delivering accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills - both in terms of leadership and as a team player - with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to present and communicate financial information to Finance and non-Finance colleagues within the Business Unit as well as to external customers/stakeholders
- Able to understand technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to financial information
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and other Finance system experience
Working within the Engineering department with the opportunity to branch out into wider areas of the business, the role comes with a competitive salary along with great scope for personal and professional development.