Accountant (6 month Fixed term contract)
This role as an Accountant (6 month fixed term contract) is an exciting opportunity to work for a global technology company based in South West London. The position is looking for someone who has a broad finance background and is looking to gain more experience for a ever growing
*Candidates must be Part Qualified or Finalist level*
Based in South West London, this global technology company work in respectful and fair environment, surrounded by countless career opportunities. Due to new investment and company growth they are looking for someone to step in and make a real difference to their finance team.
This role Accountant (6 month fixed term contract) involves:
- Take part in the month-end close process including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations. Maintain the month-end check list and ensure that deadlines are met, assist for reconciliation uploads and execution of monthly controls.
- Maintain financial records that support both US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- Ownership of inter company accounting activities including billings, reconciliation and settlement.
- Ensuring local VAT and tax compliance obligations are met and provide support for income tax and VAT returns (4 returns prepared in UK, NL, Spain and Germany for the UK entity).
- Act as a backup for other accounting functions (AP/AR)
- Assist for treasury activities, prepare weekly and monthly cash reporting, prepare bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance of key accounting controls for Sarbanes Oxley purposes
- Critically review current accounting and reporting processes to identify ways to improve and automate. Understand changes in irrupt activities and business model, and provide good judgement and advise.
- Support of quarterly reviews and annual audits by internal and external auditors
- Assist for financial systems implementation and maintenance
- Accountancy sector
- 6 month fixed term contract with the view to go permanent
- Based in South West London
The successful Accountant (6 month fixed term contract) candidate will be:
- Part Qualified or Finalist level - unfortunately qualified candidates cannot be considered
- Be happy to work on a 6 month fixed term contract
- Have experience in the above duties
- Have VAT experience
Incredible opportunity for a candidate to work for a leading global technology company and grow with the company.