Superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing and exiting business in West Kent as Financial Controller. You will own the financial control and reporting for the Group, manage the finance team and oversee all management and financial accounts, tax compliance, budgetting and forecasting activity.
My exclusive client are a rapidly growing, fast track business, based in West Kent. There are a number of aspects to what they do, including retail, wholesale, manufacturing and distribution.
Offering an exciting, ever changing working environment, this is a very attractive business with great potential and ambitious plans to keep expanding.
The Financial Controller / Chief Accountant will carry out all financial control and reporting for this Group, with day to day responsibility for the financial and accounting operations. This will include financial and management accounts, tax compliance, budgetting and forecasting.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that day to day finance tasks are undertaken in an accurate timely and efficient manner.
- Closing month end to tight deadlines.
- Lead the preparation and audit of year end financial statements, liaising with external accountants.
- Managing cash flow and liaising closely with relevant internal teams understand and control expenditure.
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process required by parent company
- Managing reporting deadlines
- Supervising Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger
- Managing payroll and controlling expenses process
- Undertaking ad-hoc project work, such as systems implementations.
- Managing team, including coaching, developing and supporting them.
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller vacancy will be:
- Formally Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with excellent financial control experience
- Very comfortable with technology, including Excel and ERP systems
- A Strong people manager
- Knowledgeable in areas including taxation, VAT etc
- Able to understand complex topi industry
- Able to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Attractive base salary of up to £70,000
- Range of benefits and package to be finalised with the successful candidate
- Modern and flexible approach to work