Financial Planning and Analysis Lead - Education and Society
Internal candidates in Sub-Saharan Africa can apply for this role from the British Council office they are currently based in.
External candidates require pre-existing legal status to live and work in any of the following locations that the role can be based in: Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria, Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya.
Financial Planning and Analysis Lead - Education & Society, Sub Saharan Africa
The Role Purpose:
To support the Regional Head of Financial Planning and Analysis in providing professional guidance in Financial Planning and Analysis, supporting the Business Managers and the Commercial Finance Manager in providing assurance on the underlying factors impacting the financial performance for the Education and Society (E&S) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
The post holder will be in charge of analysing and interpreting long - and short - term financial and operational plans through management reporting, analysis and interpretation of financial trends, impact assessment in conjunction with the Regional Head in order to enable informed decisions.
This post will be part of the SSA regional FP&A team that is dispersed across the region. The role will support the Education and Society (E&S) SBU within the region, in particular with planning, financial management, management accounting and risk management processes through:
- Efficient and effective corporate process compliance and financial reporting
- Proactive set up of all new programme structures and reporting hierarchies on SAP
- Rigorous financial and risk management and oversight of processes
- Robust financial planning and forecasting of all SSA E&S activities
- Role Requirements:
- Degree level education
- Professional accounting qualification from a recognised accounting body
- Fully qualified with a recognized accounting body ACCA, CPA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent professional accountancy qualification advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable role(s) with hand on exposure to operational financial management and or management accounting
- Project and contract management experience
- Experience working with government funded agencies is essential
- Good understanding of the client funded business context and challenges
- Experience in delivery of results within a complex international structure and reporting to tight deadlines
- Working in virtual teams
- Demonstrable track record of reporting, planning, forecasting and tracking performance and business modelling through the analysis and reporting of complex financial data within multi-site environment.
- Ability to explain complex financial data to non-finance people, using non-technical language
- Experience of designing and managing financial management information and reporting systems
- SAP knowledge advantageous