The Financial Analysis/Controller position is a new role to provide support for the Finance Director and to be an effective part of the finance team by providing support, challenge and expertise to the overall Sector. This is a varied role including financial planning and analysis, controls and transformation and business partnering with the wider business.
A Multi-national, well-known Utilities business, based in the Centre of Leeds. The business offer excellent opportunities for development and progression, allowing individuals to build long term and successful careers.
The Financial Analyst/Controller is responsible for:
- Ownership of the unit's budget and business partnering with the function leads to perform to budget, providing analysis and support
- Supporting sector planning processes - annual budgets, re-forecasts etc.
- Facilitating month end results flash process
- developing proactive and meaningful analysis and reports to support the review of and challenge forecasts
- Preparing management accounts packs
- Commercial analysis of current performance, identifying commercial opportunities
- Provide meaningful analysis on business performance
- Being the Finance Directors Number 2 in all central sector matters
- Coordination of the wider finance team
The successful Financial Analyst/Controller will:
- Hold a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Have relevant experience within a similar role
- Be a self-starter with confidence in building relationships and managing multiple stakeholders
- Pro-active and ability to seek opportunity
- Good organisation, planning and presentation skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of SAP (ideal)
- Driven and motivated to make a positive difference and to progress
£35-£45,000 plus attractive benefits