** COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT OPPORTUNTIY – GBP30–35K – NEAR HULL **
I am searching for a CIMA Finalist with experience in a FMCG environment with some experience of managing a small team. This individual will be a key member in the Finance team reporting to the Commercial and Operations Controller.
The role of Commercial Account will be responsible for providing partnering support to the business with analysis of customer and business performance, including sales and margin, providing support and challenge to the Commercial and Finance departments with product costs and customer pricing, business margin protection, maintenance and development, financial discipline regarding open book and third–party costing and pricing process, sales margin – catalogue review and development and purchase price & input cost reporting – including forecasting and liaison with procurement team.
– Providing customer pricing to Commercial teams
– Attending and contributing to Forecast and NPD project meetings
– Completing product reviews (including post–launch reviews)
– Ensuring QAD system accurately reflects product costing
– Reporting and understanding of sales and margin performance
– Reporting and understanding of purchase price variance
– Reporting and understanding of labour and material variance
– Liaising closely with Commercial team to ensure that Open Book Accounting Model Is accurate and recognise changes on a timely basis
– Ensuring that impact Open Book Accounting model is accurately reflected in the accounts
– Ensuring period end accounts in a timely and accurate manner
– Analysing and interrogating of budgets and forecast
– Approving of product costings prior to submission to commercial team
– Management of Assistant Management Accountant
WHAT ABOUT YOU?:
To be considered for the role you must possess the following skills:
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) and ERP systems along with the ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritizing workload is essential.
– A strong ability to apply best accounting practice, financial controlling discipline and sound judgement to advise internal partners.
– Commercial awareness with excellent analytical and numerical skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build highly effective relationships with key cross–functional personnel.
For more information, please call Jake Stanley at Charterhouse Recruitment on or email .
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
At Charterhouse Recruitment we are committed to protecting your personal data. Please click on the link below to read our privacy notice which provides you with all you need to know about how we will use and process your data.