Assistant Commercial Accountant
Job Title – Assistant Commercial Manager
Location – Cardiff
Length of contract– 1 month from start date
Rates – Up to GBP208.44 (PAYE) per day – Up to GBP237.26 (LTD/Umbrella) per day
This role is In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
To provide commercial support to the team, including the provision of reporting and system based transactional activities for the whole portfolio, whilst actively being involved in the day to day commercial administration of lower value / lower risk contracts.
What you will do:
- Provide commercial, financial and administrative assistance to the Commercial Function.
- Maintain Oracle Projects (or other relevant project control system) to support governance processes in respect of project financial authorities, budgets, purchase orders, change controls, billings, and inter–project/function transfers.
- Assist the project with the provision of information for audits.
- Support the assessment & valuation of contractor's applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with contractual terms & conditions, commensurate with contractual entitlement.
- Provide associated advice and information to Project Managers on change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority.
- Measure from drawings or on site to establish quantities.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost and quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports, using cost modelling tools as required.
- Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the production of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, producing supporting documentation as appropriate. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out as per the project authority and project plan within agreed timescales.
- Monitor and report on commercial aspects of projects, flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to responsible management and carry out allocated duties in accordance with corporate governance escalating any matters which might lead to corporate governance being breached and acting to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Support finance reporting within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value; and provide robust Cost Analysis Feedback.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings. For multi–year framework agreements, support the agreement and produce reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year–end.
- Support the compilation of supplier performance reports as per company process, and as defined within certain contracts. Keep commercial records up to date in properly maintained files and subsequently archive (and adequately record) the documents, following commercial close out.
Your experience will include:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- General experience in report writing and numerical data manipulation
- Ability to work to instruction.
- General experience in delivering oral presentations
- MS Office i.e. at least intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Have obtained or progressing relevant Higher Education level qualification
- Experience of working within a commercial environment
- Knowledge of basic estimating, valuation and cost reporting, financial modelling
- Negotiation skills
- MS Project & PowerPoint
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you – this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client – Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around GBP23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.