Harvey Nash are now inviting candidates to apply for the position of Management Accountant to work in the Edinburgh location for an initial 6 months for one of our public–sector clients, please note this role is within IR35.
- Working as part of a team of nine the post holder will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and ensuring accurate management accounts are prepared to enable informed budget holder decision making.
- You will provide financial specialist and technical advice to budget holders, members of the finance department, non–finance staff and external organisations.
- The post holder is responsible for compiling budgets, in conjunction with the annual and 5–year financial plan.
- Detailed analysis of intricate financial trends involving many streams of data
- Develop and advise on multi–faceted business plans including drawing up financial analysis, scenarios and sensitivity analysis.
- Produce and distribute regular monthly and adhoc budgetary performance reports to all Directors and Heads of Department with budgetary responsibility. This includes manipulating data to advise and guide budget holders and also undertaking proactive variance analysis, investigation and resolution. This requires negotiation with budget holders on action required to maximise efficiency of resources and advising the Head of Finance on outcome.
- Qualified Management Accountant
- Experience of customer facing operational organisations
- High level of computer skills – Excel
- Public sector experience
- Candidates must have a basic disclosure
Please submit your details today for immediate consideration.