The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Business Partner and Finance Services, takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure that the financial integrity of the business units under the remit of the role is maintained all the time and all BAU deliverables are completed in line with the agreed deadlines.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger for your business unit,
- Responsibility for the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting.
- Assist in the delivery of the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Overall responsibility for all financial reports, ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with Internal financial controls for your business unit
- Liaison with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting & Information Services and the Business Partnering team to ensure effective collaboration, communication and issues resolution.
- Responsibility for the delivery of subsidiary statutory financial statements and facilitation of the audit process.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required by ongoing business requirements and strategic initiatives.
What is the opportunity
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in the financial control team specifically focussing on the Business Banking UK business.
It will give candidate an exposure to the UK market and understanding of the differences between the ROI and UK markets which will stand to the candidate in the long run.
- 3rd Level degree - Business and Finance
- Newly Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant from a recognised accountancy body with a strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets and manage competing priorities.
- High energy and a questioning attitude.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and banking sector
- Knowledge of BCS and SAP R/3
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 18, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.