The Management Accountant will work to prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to make informed decisions on future growth, stability and profitability of this Sheffield based company. The role combines finance skills with communication, organisation and interpretation skills.
Our client has gone from strength to strength, beginning as a pioneer in the distribution sector, growing to be at the forefront of the market. Excellent customer service, technical expertise and product innovation are at the heart of the business for our client. Our client is passionate about offering no nonsense and efficient service locally and nationally, believing that speed, flexibility and responsiveness are the key elements to empowering and driving the business.
Based in Sheffield, the responsibilities of the Management Accountant include;
- Accurate analysis and reporting on the daily, weekly and monthly management accounts. Performing ledger functions, month-end close processes, and submitting these accounts to Group Finance.
- Report on monthly P&L and Working Capital performance, as well as supporting the quarterly production of the Business Performance Review pack.
- Producing and consolidating forecasts in order to provide clarity on expected financial performance
- Daily management of the budget process at a day to day level.
- Preparing the cash flow forecast, and improving the existing cash-flow forecasting procedures.
- Analysing financial performance, identifying trends and variations in the data, whilst communicating findings in the appropriate manner
- Preparation of business plans for upcoming initiatives and projects, being able to implement these following the regular reviews.
- Working across all departments, with the relevant management teams, to help make the most appropriate financial decisions
- Regularly reviewing the performance of the accounts against targets set at a divisional level and below, relating to P&L and Working Capital objectives
- Confident with Interpreting financial data and then communicating it on to non-financial managers
As a Management Accountant you must:
- Have excellent analytical and interpretive skills, with a strong technical knowledge of finance
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be confident talking to senior stakeholders
- Be able to handle multiple competing priorities proactively
- Possess a good balance between time management and attention to detail
- Confidently know how to translate financial information into something that is easily understood by non-finance staff
- Possess strong IT skills including; Excel, PowerPoint and Word, with intermediate skills in Access and VBA.
- Have experience of accounting packages essential. Experience of K8 (ERP) and Power BI beneficial but not essential
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience post qualification, with experience in management accounting and reporting, financial planning, commercial analysis, risk and control, accounting standards and industry knowledge regarding Distribution, Retail and Wholesale.
£40,000- £50,000 based on experience