Our client, an instantly recognisable family owned business based in North Manchester are currently looking for an ambitious Commercial Accountant to join their Finance team.
This is a newly created role, as the business moves forward into new markets, for an ambitious, qualified Accountant with excellent analytical skills to help shape their commercial strategy over the next 3 – 5 years.
Within this position you will be working with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally, so the ability to lead, challenge and influence is critical. This is an opportunity which will put you at the forefront of the finance team and depending on performance, will put you in a key position to develop upwards into a more Senior role within the business longer term.
Working very closely with the Financial Controller and Director, your day to day responsibilities will be as follows:–
- Producing management accounts including commentary and analysis
- Partner other departments by providing financial information, guidance and advice as required
- Assist in negotiations for product pricing
- Oversee financial aspects of the commercial tendering process, discussing with suppliers to improve costs on particular tenders
- Production costing/ ensuring costs are accurate. Working closely with Production managers to assess raw material costs and possible alternatives.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects including system upgrades within Finance and across the wider business
If you are a Fully Qualified Accountant, with strong stakeholder management experience and a solid commercial mindset looking for a real opportunity to make a difference please contact me on or email your CV to