Debt Recovery Officer(s)
The officers will ensure compliance with internal credit policies and procedures and best practices and CBK prudential guidelines to facilitate management of credit risks within tolerable levels.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Moto Hope Micro Lending seeks to recruit experienced and highly motivated individuals to join our Debt Recovery Department. The officers will ensure compliance with internal credit policies and procedures and best practices and CBK prudential guidelines to facilitate management of credit risks within tolerable levels. He/ She will ensure that ALL approved and disbursed loans are fully repaid as stipulated in the terms and conditions to prevent loss to the institution due to non-repayment. The position will be challenging and the holder shall be responsible for debt recoveries.
The Holder of this position will report to the Head of Debt Recovery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor loan repayments and initiate/recommend course of action.
- Extract, confirm and transmit CRB information to licensed Credit Reference Bureau.
- Conduct client visits (on a need basis) and telephone calls to follow up on payments from debtors.
- Ensure a record is maintained with track of all the recovery progress for all loans in arrears.
- Ensure weekly arrears reports are prepared and follow up to ensure full repayment.
- Ensure demand letters are prepared and ensure that they are forwarded to the defaulting customers.
- Ensure reports are prepared and recommendations made on bad debts to be written-off to the management for approval.
- Ensure an up to date register on loan related insurance claims is maintained and ensure prompt reimbursement from underwriters.
- Report and monitor all risks associated with debt recovery.
- Generate compliance reports for use in decision making and performance appraisals
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Certificate/Diploma in any field (a business related field is an added advantage) from a recognized institution.
- Previous experience in debt collection within the financial service industry will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy.
- Fully conversant with micro-credit and SME lending in the Kenyan business environment.
- Ability to maintain high sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and cover letter including day-time contacts to:email@example.com Highlight the position title and the branch of MHML you prefer to work in on the subject line of your email.