We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller for a well established, fast growing company based in Maghull, Liverpool. This is a permanent opportunity offering the salary of GBP20,500, free parking and an excellent benefits package.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9am–5pm
About The Role:
The credit controller will work closely with other members of the accounts department and other departments within the business with a view to bring customer accounts up to date and manage customer credit
• Telephone, email and write to customers about their accounts with a view to collecting payments as they fall due or as soon as practically possible after the due date.
• Keep records of credit control contacts by entering details into the customer notes screen within the Axis accounts system.
• Reconcile customer accounts to resolve any customer queries relating to their accounts.
• Review customer credit ratings and review credit limits on all active accounts at least annually and more frequently for key accounts. The reviews are usually performed by referring to the credit insurers and an online credit reference agency.
• Set customer credit limits and review orders on hold
• Negotiate repayment plans
• Recommend write–offs of bad debts and flag to the Senior Credit Controller any new doubtful debts as soon as possible.
• Produce management information including aged debtor reports
• Assist with preparing for legal action to collect overdue debts.
• Take customer credit card payments using credit card machines.
• Other clerical tasks as required
Essential Skills & Experience
• Credit Control
• Sales Ledger
• Chasing Debts
• GCSE – A–C or Equivalent
About The Benefits
• Salary of GBP20,500 per year
• Free parking
• 24 Days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV to
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.