This role will sit within a team of five in accounts focusing on accounts receivable, expenses, maintaining the card function and many other ad hoc activities.
You will be working for a subsidiary of a global manufacturing company. As a group they are a world leader.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for the following:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Good communication with inter-companies in EMEA and Asia Pacific region to ensure smooth process especially towards month end closing
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Prepare bills and invoices
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to sub-system and ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending reminders and contacting debtors
- Prepare any necessary journals and capture into the system.
- Ensure all business and travel expenses have been received on timely basis from all of the employees
- Attention to details and perform reasonable judgement when processing travel expenses
- Prepare any necessary prepayment/accrual journals
- Maintaining corporate card function
- Requesting new corporate card to employees and obtaining the necessary approval
- Maintaining corporate card database and the credit limit in the bank portal for any changes and updates
- Capturing the expenses in the system promptly within the timeline
- Involve and support in ad-hoc projects
To be considered for this Accounts Assistant role you must have the following:
- Background is a well rounded accounts job including AP and AR
- Strong excel skills (vlookups & pivot tables as a minimum)
- Background working within a large or multi-national company
- SAP experience desirable
£24,000 - £26,000 + benefits