Financial Accountant, Group Centre FC
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Centre comprises Group Finance, Group Risk, Group Internal Audit, Chief Marketing Officer and Group Human Resources.
The Financial Control team acts as a principal point of contact between the Business Partner and Finance Services. This dedicated team is responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information in relation to Group Centre business units and to support effective decision making and review.
- Assist in the delivery of high quality financial and management reports.
- Support the preparation of commentaries/reports analysing divisional performance and presentation of final reports for review to Divisional BP.
- Appropriate review of all financial reports (Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss) at a divisional level ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required by ongoing business requirements and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory and FinRep information in line with BOI Group governance procedures.
- Drive continual process improvement and efficiencies.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a financial control team which oversees business transactions which span across all divisions throughout the bank. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to liaise directly with the Business Partner team and interact with contacts within the business on a regular basis.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets
- Highly constructive contributor to teams and groups
- Commercial acumen and strong appetite to understand the business
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Knowledge of Sap /BCS
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.