Associate Director, Manager Research
The group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios.
- Engage with the external market in areas including (but not limited to) industry trends and development, retirement, tax policies and other investment issues that are relevant to Asian investors.
- Produce Morningstar's Global Fund Investor Experience Survey by partnering with global colleagues and taking lead responsibilities on sections relating to Asian fund markets.
- Produce high quality and timely manager research reports and edit those of your colleagues.
- Assist analysts in formulating and defending our opinions on manager strategies and investment approaches through the investment committee and report editing
- Contribute to the cross-border thought leadership program that showcases and strengthen perceptions of Morningstar's research capabilities, especially on key investment issues that are relevant to investors in Asia.
- Help develop scalable ways of delivering better services to Morningstar's client segments.
- Provide ideas and input that enhance the research process, methodology and products. Develop further quantitative skills to ensure the team makes an effective and efficient use of quant tools.
- Increase ties with Morningstar Investment Management (IM) and other potential and existing clients.
- Bachelor's degree; Chartered Financial Analyst® designation and/or MBA is desirable.
- Seven-plus years of experience, working in a manager research or a manager research related role.
- Demonstrable interest in tax and retirement policies that are relevant to Asian investors.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- Independent, experienced researcher who is familiar with modern finance and investment theory.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Skilled with PC and mainstream software packages