Team Leader, Property Accounting (Real Estate and Infrastructure)
An opportunity has arisen for the role of a Team Leader in the Real Estate and Infrastructure (REIF) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the leading provider of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate market both in Ireland and Europe.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Assist in managing an ever expanding Real Estate team (REIF) within our Limerick operation.
- Has responsibility for assisting with the development and execution of the department’s strategic plans, goals and priorities.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to their team.
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the Real Estate business.
- Assist the Division in the annual targets of the business including the development of the Bangalore team and the automation of the REIF’s accounting platform Yardi.
- People management, leading the team, addressing partner issues and development of both direct and indirect reports on the team.
- Manages the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Property Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Manages the REIF team through the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Ensures NAV’s are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the REIF market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
Purchase and Sale of Property Investments
- Manages and understands the structure of property transactions on behalf of their direct reports.
- Ensures the process and approvals required meet Client, Depository and REIF needs.
- Manages and ensures the collation of documentation / record maintenance is fit for purpose.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Holds a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification with at least 5 years post QE experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of REIF Fund Administration.
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Ability to assist in the development of a team in a Tier 3 location.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.