Analyst, Transfer Agency (Registration)
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, India and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
The Registration Team is responsible for the creating of new investment records and maintaining existing Client, Investor and Agent records according to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
The partner will report directly to the Registration Team Leader, they will be responsible for an assigned suite of clients where the below responsibilities are carried out within strict regulations and guidelines. The partner will also be required to support more junior member of the team and be comfortable checking and validating others work.
The partner will need to be able to identify optimisation opportunities as well as follow through with implementing these.
Why Choose This Opportunity Within The Registration Team?
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a fast paced team within a growing company, The partner will be exposed to many teams and departments within Northern Trust while all the time expanding your Transfer Agency knowledge. The registration team aims to provide new joiners with a good support network facilitating a smooth integration to the team.
- Day to day processing work, quality checks and assurance.
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in Bangalore, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- Escalation point for unresolved issues to the Bangalore Transfer Agency team.
- Day to day client reporting in relation to outstanding registration requirements
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Ensure that appropriate segregation of duties controls are in place at all times.
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Proactive in terms of identifying opportunities to make improvements and implement same.
- Effective risk management
- Customer Service experience
- Strong Attention to detail
- Time Management Skills
- Knowledge of current regulatory environment
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.