Head of Operations, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Operations for our Limerick team. You will be reporting to the Head of Operations for Fund Accounting Ireland.
You will be responsible for managing a number of Fund Accounting operations group, including conducting the performance management process. Establish goals/objectives for the division and monitors to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Develops and monitors process improvements and systems enhancements for the section. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of the Fund Administration Team
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all client valuations for the Limerick Fund Accounting Team.
- Directly accountable for timeliness and quality of NAV deliverables within the division.
- Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit. Follows through to ensure objectives are met.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the division ensuring succession plans are in place for all senior levels.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Analyses records of client accounting reports identifying deficiencies in control procedures, duplication of operations, or lack of compliance with established bank policies and industry regulations.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Manages all aspects of function with due skill, care and diligence including effective controls, risk management, mitigation and delegation of activities to appropriately skilled and competent person.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with designated clients, vendors, relevant regulatory bodies and relevant third parties e.g. external advisors.
- Acts as senior escalation point of contact for assigned clients.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Supports and leads the continued evolution of the Fund Accounting department through the Strategic Operating Model and the Innovation teams.
- Promote the ongoing change agenda and ensure implemented into the operational teams. Ensure the operational teams continue to develop new ideas and create an environment of operational excellence and efficiency and continued delivery of value for spend.
- Support the new business pipeline and new clients as they transition into the operational teams ensuring the right mix of staff and support is in place for each new client.
- To support sales and marketing efforts with Client prospects.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group.
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Must have strong experience in the investment industry preferably fund accounting acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations industry or audit industry.
- Post qualification experience in increasingly senior roles within a major financial services company and leading and managing large teams (100+)
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Detailed knowledge of offshore funds administration preferably for Irish funds.
- Knowledge and experience of direct dealing with application of financial services regulations
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting Applications
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Proven track record of excellent management and leadership skills
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Be an effective communicator, motivator, coach and mentor.
- As a manager, jointly manage the ongoing success of NT Ireland.
- Whilst maintaining primary responsibility for Fund Accounting think creatively and ‘outside of the box’ in terms of taking joint responsibility for all other areas.
- Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
- Have the ability to develop further as the business grows.
- Genuine committed interest in own career development
- Relevant Professional Qualifications
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined.
- Enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient.
- Must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer.
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Identifies solutions as well as issues
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.