We are currently working exclusively with a key client, based in Durham. This is an exciting opportunity for a technical Accountant looking to take the next step into a Financial Controller level position.
This Service sector client is going through an exciting transition, reporting in the Head of Finance you will be leading a small team of Accountants to streamline processes and efficiency's.
As Financial Controller you will own and manage the financial control framework of the business, including the production of periodic financial reports and the maintenance of a comprehensive set of financial controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of reported financial results.
- production of monthly profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow reporting to meet requirement
- Timely and accurate production of group and entity level statutory accounts in accordance with legislative requirements and accounting policies
- Develop and maintain a robust financial control framework to mitigate financial risks to the business
- Work with senior leadership team to increase focus on operational business and financial control
- Provide visible and active leadership of the financial control team, supporting departmental journey to become a valued and trusted business partner
The ideal candidate will be ACA Qualified or equivalent with a proven track record in a senior finance role, with demonstrable experience of financial control and reporting. Although people management is part of the position, leadership experience is not an essential requirement.
Excellent opportunity to move into a Financial Controller level position
Team Management opportunity
Generous salary + extensive range of benefits