APAC Finance & Accounting (Global Accounting Centre) Intern
The interns will support to standardize and improve the current work processes in GAC through the introduction of best practices and Finance and Accounting Vision and Transformation (FAVT) initiatives. Besides relying on the ongoing initiatives by the Corporate FAVT team, GAC seeks to identify other opportunities for improvements to achieve cost savings and efficiencies. The interns will be allocated to different Towers to perform analysis on various aspects e.g. average time spent per journal, basis of calculation for each journal type. This will enable management to identify potential exceptions areas, as well as the corresponding process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with management and other work groups to provide fresh perspectives on current work processes and identify potential process improvement areas and best practices
- Analysis of the journals and work practices under the different Towers, with recommendations on process improvement opportunities
- Responsible for communicating with various GAC work groups to gather feedback on the implementation of newly established global guidelines in light of FAVT efforts
- Responsible for ensuring processes are executed in accordance with newly established global guidelines
- Identifying Enterprise Wide Accounting Policy and Procedure Manual (EWAPPM) requirements which will become obsolete / need to be updated as a result of the rollout of new processes
- Currently studying accounting and finance (year 2 - 4, with year 2 being applicable for NTU students only)
- Must be interested in finance or accounting as a long-term career
- Willing to work effectively both independently and on a team
- Good communication skills (written and verbal in English)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications i.e. MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Word
- Possess innovative thinking skills and like to think out of the box and explore new ideas
- Passionate to work on process improvements projects
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.