Description of business unit
Group Internal Audit is Bank of Ireland's third line of defence and is responsible for providing independent, reasonable, risk based assurance that meets our stakeholders' needs. Our key stakeholders include the Board, Group and subsidiary Audit Committees, Risk Committees, senior management and the Bank's regulators and external auditors. Working in GIA gives you a unique opportunity to have insights into all of the Bank's activities and access to the most senior levels within the Bank.
Purpose of the Role
Bank of Ireland's Group Internal Audit Team is looking for ambitious, enthusiastic professionals at Band 3 Audit Manager level to work with our IT audit team. The successful candidate should understand IT risk management, be logical and analytical and have good attention to detail. The role offers you the opportunity to lead audit engagements, develop and execute risk based assignments, all with the support of an innovative and experienced team.
- Develop & maintain an in-depth understanding of the key priorities, risks and challenges facing the Group
- Work effectively and proactively with the Portfolio Lead and colleagues across GIA, to ensure a cohesive and coordinated approach to assurance provision
- Support the delivery of a rolling programme of assurance activity in order to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's systems of internal control
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with management and other relevant key stakeholders
- Provide insightful analysis, risk assessments and recommendations to management, ensuring effective sharing of lessons learned and good practice
What is the opportunity
The Band 3 Audit Manager role is a critical role within the IT Audit team. The core purpose / objective of the role will be to review, assess and ultimately provide assurance on the Group's technology estate.
- Professional or third level qualification, preferably in an IT.
- Ideally CISA quaified.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management and Risk Mitigation
- Strong experience in dealing with different stakeholder groups / interests across an organisation
- Good understanding of the Group's key businesses, priorities and challenges, in addition to the regulatory environment in which the Group operates.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to operate in an agile, decisive and inclusive manner.
- An ability to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships
- Competency 1: Achieving Results - 2. Developed / Advanced
- Competency 2: Delivering Quality - 2. Developed / Advanced
- Competency 3: Solving Problems - 2. Developed / Advanced
- Competency 4: Making Decisions - 2. Developed / Advanced
- Competency 5: Influencing - 2. Developed / Advanced
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Apr 25, 2019.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.