We are an independent family owned business who are passionate about sourcing the best quality meat and supplying it to the wholesale and retail trade. We also operate our own retail shop in Baron's Court. We are in a period of rapid growth, with an enviable customer base and are currently looking for a Financial Controller to join our young and enthusiastic team.
As Finance Director you will be responsible for business planning, monthly and yearly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Your role will be to challenge the status quo, helping look for ways to improve and develop the business. Your business influencing skills will be used to support operational management on results, annual budgets and forecasts whilst also stringently controlling year–end reporting and cash management.
The successful candidate will need:
- To become aware of all functions of the business and to take significant responsibility for accounting activities. A key part of this role will be the interface with internal stakeholders; Factory Teams and Commercial Teams, so we are looking for strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
- To provide clear objective direction and support to management on all matters relating to the financial and management accounting activities of the company.
- To build, manage, lead and motivate the accounts department, ensuring the efficient performance of accounting routines and controls.
- To ensure that the accounting function is fully integrated into the business.
- To prepare and present financial forecasts, budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- To keep the plans up to date and keep managers informed of the impact of change.
- To provide accounting expertise and support to the business.
- To provide input into completion of statutory accounts and to liaise with the auditors both during finalisation of the accounts and as and when necessary during the financial year.
- To undertake ad hoc projects from time to time, as and when necessary.
This is a fast–paced business, so energy, passion and agility are a pre–requisite.
Applicants must have a relevant Finance based qualification, preferably ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, be self–motivated and ideally have a minimum of five years' experience in an FMCG or Food Manufacturing business.
Job Types: Full–time, Permanent
Salary from GBP45–GBP50K subject to experience.
To apply please send a CV along with Covering Letter