Business Analyst - Risk & Compliance
BA Risk & Compliance
Duration: 3 months
The role will work in the Confidence in our Future (CIOF) – Risk and Compliance Programme within the National Grid system Operator (SO). It will assist in delivering programme outcomes including risk and compliance capability/maturity assessments, supporting risk and compliance management improvement cycles, and facilitating/coaching/mentoring to deliver the behavioural and cultural changes required to maintain an enduring risk and compliance management capability. The role will report to the CIOF Risk and Compliance Programme Manager and work with the SO Assurance Team, Corporate Assurance Teams, and within
Business Units to achieve the following:
- Assist in the development and delivery of maturity models and an assessment approach based on known risk and compliance frameworks such as COSO and MoR.
- Assess the current state and desired future state of risk and compliance management for individual value streams and for the SO.
- Healthcheck the capability/maturity of risk and compliance management within value streams and across the SO.
- Work with value stream representatives to perform gap analysis of environment, knowledge, tools, processes and controls required to reach desired future state for risk and compliance management
- Assist in development of risk and compliance process maps and improvement plans
- Work with the value streams to define minimum standards for risk and compliance and a plan to reach and maintain those standards
- Work with SO Assurance, and Corporate Assurance teams to develop a Risk and Compliance Toolkit to support improvement cycles within value streams.
- Work with legal to map and translate value stream obligations against the regulatory landscape.
- Develop rules to assist the business in assigning ownership, responsibility and accountability for risk and compliance processes and controls
- Identify the potential to use systems/tools to automatically measure, monitor and control key risks and obligations.
- Be a point of contact for supporting value streams through their risk and compliance improvement cycles and help coordinate and facilitate the implementation of solutions
Must have experience of assessing and improving Risk and Compliance processes, frameworks and controls – including previous hands–on use of capability/maturity models and assessment. Must have Business Change experience with significant communications, business engagement and stakeholder management experience. Must have previous project management experience in structured PM environments. Highly Desirable experience in a Consultancy/Audit/Assurance role. Highly Desirable Lean Process Improvement experience. Electricity/Gas Transmission industry experience preferred
TO APPLY – PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.