Assistant Financial Planning Analyst
On behalf of a business based near the centre of Reading I am recruiting for a permanent Assistant Financial Planning Analyst to join their expanding finance team.
My client is based close to the centre of Reading and offer a unique working environment with the opportunity to work flexibly or from home. They also have ample car parking for someone to travel from outside of Berkshire.
The successful applicant for this permanent role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Produce timely and reliable monthly management accounts to tight deadlines.
- Monitoring the budgeting process for the group
- Identify and investigate variances against benchmarks, provide analysis of differences, and explore potential problems with non-financial department heads.
- Update Excel-based reconciliation / support packs for all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and European Sales Listings as and when required.
- Prepare forecasts as part of the quarterly forecasting process.
- Deliver information packs to the auditors and meet the needs of the statutory audit process.
- Prepare periodic financial statements and supporting schedules, tax computations and cash flow forecasts.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers, advise on the business impact and make appropriate recommendations.
- Involvement in on-going process development and transformation projects to improve business efficiency and profitability.
To be considered for the above role you must posses the following:
- Currently studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Exposure to month end processes and reconciliations
- Strong excel skills a must
- Strong analytically and reconciliation skills
- A flexible approach to problem solving, with the ability to produce clear and accurate work, often under pressure
Opportunity to work for a leading brand both within the UK with an excellent salary and benefits package.