To enable the finance department to fulfil it's responsibilities and obligations, and provide support and advice to the board.
This is a highly acquisitive, innovative group who are always looking at new ways to diversify.
- Take responsibility for the day to day management and supervision of the management accounts, payroll, credit control and ledger teams within the finance department.
- Support and develop the individual members of the finance team
- Ensure all internal, group and external reporting requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare the annual budget in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Support the directors with relevant and accurate financial modelling and advice as required.
- Maintain relationships with existing group and external outsource customers, ensuring regular service reviews are undertaken, and opportunities maximised
- Take a lead role in the implementation of new outsource customers.
- Represent the finance department both internally and externally.
- Introduce departmental KPIs and develop a culture of continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
- Work with software providers to influence development road-map to drive further efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience managing a finance team. They will possess excellent communication skills, as interaction with all levels within management will play a key part of the role. Proficiency with finance systems and Microsoft Excel, a process driven attitude, and a strong knowledge of accounting standards is also desirable.
Up to £52,000