Accounts Payable Clerk
My client a market leading organisation based in Hatfield are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their growing finance function. This FMCG company are experiencing large organic growth, which has come 1 year ahead of schedule. Therefore, this has created a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door at a large organisation that offers excellent long term prospects and career progression.
My client a market leading FMCG organisation based in Hatfield are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their growing finance function. This is a very exciting opportunity that will offer a huge amount of exposure and the opportunity to grow within a growing finance team. The organisation are going from strength-to-strength which will lead to career progression prospects.
Working as an Accounts Payable Clerk in Hatfield you will be reporting directly into the head of accounts. You will be responsible in assisting with key duties to ensure the smooth running of the finance function for this important subsidiary. Duties will include:
- Managing the team on a day to day basis including performance management and appraisal process
- Maintaining accuracy of processing & coding of payable/receivable invoices and preparing cash flow forecast estimates
- Document process work flows and ensure they are kept up-to-date and the department meets agreed service levels
- Identify areas for improvement with the processes, ensuring appropriate escalation and resolution of issues
- Liaising with management accounts team to ensure appropriate coding and assist with month end procedures
- Assisting with the management of working capital through identification of credit opportunities and efficient management of payments
- Building effective working relationships with suppliers and identify efficiency savings within the various processes
- Develop and maintain regular KPI reporting for the teams deliverables
The successful candidate MUST:
- Have a clear understanding of debits and credits
- Have strong Excel skills to include v look ups and pivot tables
- Have strong communication skills to be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Have knowledge of SAP, Or another large ERP Accounting system.
- Have the strength of character to go into a team that has had a lot of change & start to stabilise the personnel & improve the processes.
- Have experience in managing a team and developing members of staff
On offer for the successful candidate is
- A highly competitive salary
- A chance to work for a growing business
- A brand that is becoming a market leader in its field
- A real challenge and a chance to genuinely help the business move forward