Head of Finance
Head of Finance – 12 month fixed term contract (Maternity Leave)
Location: Angel, Islington (until late 2019 – then Stratford International Quarter, Newham)
Salary: To be discussed
Working Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week). Flexibility on start/finish times and time spent working from home can also be considered.
Application Method: CV & Cover Letter (please upload both documents to your application)
Closing Date: We have not set a closing date for applications, and we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate has been identified. Interviews will commence during April, so please do not wait to apply.
Candidate Info Pack inc. Role Profile here: (:aaid:scds:US:f62f9029–79b8–4e36–9b72–8e0b8636f978)
Cancer Research UK (CRUK) is the world's largest Charity dedicated to fighting over 200 types of cancer. We operate as a FTSE 350 equivalent, and we're a professional organisation – with purpose. Through our scientific research, fundraising or cancer prevention initiatives, we have a passion to do things better and faster. In an increasingly challenging market we need to constantly reassess and re–balance our priorities as new strategic opportunities emerge. Our finance team are crucial in enabling us to achieve our vision – of 3 in 4 people surviving cancer by 2034.
As Head of Finance, we are looking for looking for someone to;
- Lead our finance team, ensuring best practice across financial control, management reporting and business planning
- Lead the group's financial planning & reporting activity– enabling the Executive Board and Trustees to make key decisions on organisation performance
- Business partner the CFO and CEO – providing analysis & challenge to maximise our ability to achieve strategic goals
- Ensure that financial controls and procedures in all areas of the charity follow internal and external standards, along with best practice
This is a visible, high profile role within CRUK, reporting into the CFO. You'll lead a highly capable finance team to solve problems, create new ways of operating and identify opportunities for performance transformation and improvement. By joining us, you can enhance and further your career whilst making a real difference to peoples' lives.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, with experience operating in a finance leadership position.
You'll help us lead the way through your...
- Excellent business planning and financial forecasting expertise
- Experience of managing multiple, senior level stakeholders in complex/changing environments
- Demonstrable success in FP&A decision support
- Experience of ensuring robustness of financial systems and internal controls
- Track record of leading a customer–focused team culture that delivers excellent business partnering
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to distil complex financial information into tailored messages appropriate to the audience
Our organisation culture is collaborative, and supportive. Our people are committed, proud to work for us, and they're good at what they do. But we recognise that people have lives outside of work too, and we embrace our colleagues' different lifestyles by promoting flexible ways of working.