Senior Financial Analyst, Healthcare Accounting
We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst – Full–Time, Days – 1345 Philomena Street – Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith–based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non–profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Financial Analyst with Ascension System Office, you will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements and contribute to the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, participate in an efficient close process, and understand the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Coordinates and participates in the monthly close process for assigned area of responsibility
- Assist Managers in daily accounting activities and month–end closing procedures
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues for escalation
- Prepare journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, and compliance issues
- Meet monthly schedule for reporting
- Provide assistance to more junior associates as needed
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three years of technical experience is preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E–Verify link below for more information.
E –Verify (link to E–verify site)