Lead Financial Analyst
We Are Hiring
Lead Financial Analyst – Budgeting Planning – Full–Time, Days – 4600 Headquarters – St Louis, MO
**Open to Virtual Applicants**
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith–based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non–profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The Lead Financial Analyst possesses an expert level of understanding of general finance business processes and is proficient in the technical development of BI Analytical Reporting. The analyst assists in the implementation and ongoing support of finance operational reports and key performance indicators (KPI) used to manage Ascension and its Ministry Markets.
- Supports triage of requests of Tableau analytics and dashboard visualizations by gathering and documenting business requirements from the FP&A Analytics team and finance business leaders.
- Analyzes technical challenges to determine proper solutions.
- Ensure integrity of data and reports provided to customers and assist with identified concerns and/or issues with the applicable data sources.
- Coordinates with other team members to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product.
- Manages projects effectively in an independent and autonomous manner; provides high level of customer service for internal and external customers; serves as customer support for questions related to the dashboards/reports published.
- Attends relevant training sessions, as required, to maintain competence in software applications, analytics and statistics; participates in work groups and attends meetings, as needed; meetings may be face–to–face or via conference call.
- Conducts functional testing and data validation of reports and dashboards using Tableau, Oracle, HFM, PeopleSoft and other software, as needed, and document the results.
- Create test scripts and test methodologies for functional testing and data validation.
- Develops training material including user guides with set–by–step instructions including business cases interpreting data.
- Conducts training sessions on deployed analytics and Tableau dashboards using on–line applications such as Skype or Zoom.
- Fulfills Tier 1 data requests using existing software programs including ad hoc reporting programs.
- Responds to help desk tickets opened by associates for data, training, troubleshooting, etc.
- Processes requests for user access to the different software platforms.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Performs all duties with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension.
What You Will Need
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of experience required.
- Four years of finance experience preferred.
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems and manage time.
- Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to business opportunities and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E–Verify link below for more information.
E –Verify (link to E–verify site)