This role will be primarily as a management accountant you will be responsible for the internal accounts and the preparation/submission of compulsory reporting requirements to the regulators. As part of the private equity funding, this business is going to be acquisition heavy over the next 18 months and will be great exposure for an ambitious Accountant. Large ERP experience is desired.
Private Equitybacked financial services business are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Management Accountant.
As a new Management Accountant you will be responsible:
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Liaise with other regions regarding month end intercompany balances and agree.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Bank reconciliation sign off
- Monthly payroll preparation
- Manage employee pensions with pension provider
- Set up payroll and pensions for new employees
- Manage tax payments - PAYE/NI, VAT & Corp Tax
- Approve payments
- Bank account administration. Manage users, signatories, new accounts.
- Assist in year-end statutory accounts production
- Assist with annual audit
- Oversee monthly operational cost reporting
- Manage relationship with mobile phone provider and issue new employees with work phones where necessary
- Reviewing & improving finance processes and procedures
- Provide general financial support to whole team
- General adhoc duties to support Finance Manager
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required:
- University Degree
- Part-Qualified ACCA/CIMA and working towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Understanding of the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity (can be theoretical)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level.
Excellent salary and bonus and benefits package
Study support for ACA, ACCA, and CIMA