Warehouse Stock Accountant
36 Hours p/w
As a Warehouse Stock Accountant your key area of responsibility will be to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of financial information relating to Retail & Online stock file movements - across all
About the Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic finance team, supporting an online and retail operation with over 500 stores. As part of the Warehouse Finance Team you will play a key role in the support of the Logistics operation with 9 warehouses, 7 RSC’s, international hubs and overseas franchise partners.
- Prepare weekly and monthly shrinkage reports showing stock losses and gains
- Highlight and investigate any areas of concern, liaising with warehousing teams, IT and/or other finance teams as appropriate.
- Monitor in season shrinkage and compare to the budget/forecast. Understand and investigate any variances.
- Take an active role in the management of warehouse stock control procedures in both yearend stocktakes and in season inventory processes. Report results and KPI’s to all parties.
- Ensure accurate invoicing and financial reporting of stock disposals - across business units and to 3rd parties. Ensure correct accounting treatment to obsolescence, faulty and shrinkage.
- Prepare and analyse Balance Sheet reconciliations giving justifications for all exceptional items or unusual balances to ensure the minimum number of reconciliation points.
- Communicate with people from all areas of the business and at all levels as and when required.
- Respond to requests for adhoc reports and within the deadlines expressed.
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Good IT knowledge – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, CODA, SQL
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Be able to adapt and keep pace with a fast moving environment
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
Closes 25th Apr 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.